Experienced Pediatric Dentists in Koramangala, Bangalore
Pediatric dentists at Aadhya Dental Care Bangalore, have extensive experience in providing dental care for children. Pediatric dentists in Bangalore Koramangala advice children are prone to develop dental cavities due to eating sticky and refined food and improper maintenance of oral hygiene.
What is Pediatric dentistry?
Pediatric dentists in Bangalore Koramangala practice this specialty in dentistry which deals with the dental treatment of children.
What are the common pediatric dental treatments?
- Oral prophylaxis- Cleaning and polishing
- Fluoride therapy - Fluoride is topically applied on all sides of the teeth to protect it from dental cavities.
- Pit and fissure sealants -Chewing surfaces of the teeth have pits and fissure which are more prone for cavities. These pits and fissure can be sealed with flowable tooth colored composite material called pit and fissure sealants which will protect the teeth against cavities.
- Pulp therapy - when the innermost part of the tooth called pulp which contain nerves and blood vessels get infected due to deep cavities or trauma, pulp therapy is recommended. Pulp therapy involves removing of the infected pulp tissue and filling the tooth with special medicament.
- Stainless steel cap - These type of crowns are used to protect the tooth after pulp therapy, fracture and extensive fillings.
- Extractions - Extractions in children are recommended when teeth cannot be salvaged due to infection or fracture, before orthodontic treatment, over crowding of teeth and when teeth growing behind other teeth.
- Dental fillings - Tooth colored fillings are used to restore the teeth with dental cavities
- Space maintainers - These are the appliances which hold the space for permanent teeth to erupt into place when milk teeth are lost because of cavities.
- Habit breaking appliances - these are the type of orthodontic appliances used stop the habits like lip biting, tongue thrusting and thumb sucking.